With the sweltering heat of Nairobi sizzling our senses, it only makes sense we give ourselves relief by sporting sassy shorts, shirts and shoes. As men, we often neglect the functionality and sense of style that can be attributed to the right shirt, short and shoes combination.
Growing up, I wore school shorts until I was 14 and almost ended up wearing them in high school but luckily enough, I didn’t end up in a school where they wore them. To be really honest this was my first time wearing shorts since then so I felt a bit awkward.
Overall there’s a variety of shorts from which to choose from and therefore it’s important to make an informed choice when it comes to matters short. With that in mind here are some few tips to guide you in choosing and wearing you shorts.
- When in doubt, go for chino shorts. They are versatile and can easily fall on either side of the fashion scale. From formal to informal.
- If you choose to layer, go for light fabric materials. Remember your intention is to shield yourself from the heat.
- Wear the right cut of short. Avoid wearing shorts that are either too long or too short. Your aim is to look sassy not like a clown.
- Pairing shorts with the wrong kind of shoes is considered treason. Depending on the choice of short and occasion you could dress your shoes up or down. Most common shoes to go with shorts are crisp white sneakers.
- Wear a close fit short, preferably one that doesn’t wing at the bottom. This ensure your thigh don’t look thicker.
For this look I wore a pink band collar shirt, a short and a pair of grey Vans. I threw in a couple of accessories including a gold bracelet and a watch. Allen on the other hand went for a matching outfit from fala wear accessorized with a brown leather moon bag and a set of rings. Would you wear shorts. Let me know your views on the comment section below.Kwaheri!